We, the driver educators of South Carolina, do hereby dedicate our personal and professional efforts as teachers:
- To effectively alert our students of the increasing hazards of operation a motor vehicle
- To increase the decision-making skills of our students, relative to the effects of alcohol, drugs, and the student’s individual value system
- To instill the traits of character that should make one a safe driver and good traffic citizen, such as respect for the rights of other drivers, obedience to laws and maintaining self-control
- To keep abreast of changes in the field of driver education and traffic safety
- To be constantly aware of the physical, mental, and emotional health and growth of our students
- To work as a team in respecting the rights, the integrity, and the dignity of our fellow educators
- To keep ever in mind our common goal to reduce the accidents and fatalities in our cities, state, and nation.